CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Time heals

It is hard to believe I am at the 1 month mark post major back surgery:) This week I go in for the big check up. I knew the recovery was going to be tough but I just want to run...... I am still using a walker to skooch around. I get the craziest looks from people!!!! I want to say just ask me, I have no secrets, hahahaha!!! I did tell a little boy it was my fancy skate board, he smiled like I was wacky. (good observation young man)
Skye started back to school 1/2 days. Next week full days. She was soooo ready! I did miss her today! Emma and I went to lunch with my mom today. She also helped me run a few errands. I find it hard to have to rely on others for everything. I know God has a lesson in there for me!!
I really wanted to read and catch up on paper work while I was down. I am just not motivated to go that direction. My big reads have been my Bible, and a computer book. I am in training to be a computer genius...hahaha! I am trying to get through 1Peter for a study. I guess I can say I either am very distracted or have adult ADD.
I am not in a rush to get back to my life post surgery. I am enjoying my friends and family. I guess the best way to describe it is I am embracing this time in my life! I just want to be 100% better before I do anything else in my life!!!!!
Today was beautiful and I was glad to have fresh air on my face! I look forward to nicer weather, and walks.
As the weeks go on I am sure I will continue to heal in many ways. This journey has been emotionally draining as well as physically trying! It is hard when mom is sick! My family has been troopers and stepped up to the challenge yet again!!!!!
Thank you for praying and checking in on us! I look forward to hearing from you.
beth

1 comments:

JC said...

Well-written! I can so see you telling a kid the walker is your fancy skateboard, and I can picture him looking at you like you're wacky. That's the Beth I remember. And I can picture your big squinty smile back at him!