CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The journey continues

This is me ready to go out to lunch.
Little piggies. I love them:)
Skye & Nanny, waiting at the doctors.
Emma the leprechaun.
Skye with her buddy Dr. Brescia! We love her!!!
Emma & mommy waiting in the car for daddy. Yes, we are still smiling...
I am at the 2 month mark post surgery. I started aquatic therapy. I feel amazing while I am in the pool!! When I am out is another story. I do feel so much better but I am not bouncing back as quickly as I had hoped. The last few weeks have brought many challenges.
A trip to Dupont Children's Hospital to visit our favorite rhematologist gave us good news about Skye. She is doing so much better. The methotrexate injection seems to be doing its job. Although we had a strep throat, and mono scare, she is as good as it gets:) Her Dr. Anne Marie Brescia is awesome!!!! This is a pic of her and Skye. I did tell her she was going to be a blog pic....She believed us when no one else would. Thank you!!!!!!
I drove for the 1st time tonight. I had to get to pt. It was exhausting. I will not be driving for awhile more. I just can't do it:(
My mom has been with me all day every day. She has been spectacular!!! Everything I usually do we do together. Like a fun trip to walmart for some secret goodies. She pushed my walker in a cart as I drove a scooter thing. I get looks like what is up with her. I just stick my tongue out!!(not really..hahaha)
I wore jeans for the 1st time in months. I felt like a new woman. I only wore them to lunch, and the pjs went back on the minute I stepped into the house.
I went out of the house 2 consecutive days. That is amazing since I have gone weeks in bed with a much needed shine of some vitamin D.
I have gone through the poor me, and why God. I am getting there. I can't say I don't want to feel better but not in my time...the best time is Gods time. I do have to remind myself often!

1 comments:

JC said...

That is a great photo of you and Emma. You two are adorable! Now I was trying to remember if I'd met your mom. I'm guessing I did, because when I saw her in the picture (that's her, right?) I was shocked at how much older she looks. (Duh! We're getting older, aren't we?) Wow-flashback: you used to cut my hair, didn't you? In that room off the cafeteria. What ever happened with that? Did you go on to do hairstyling?