CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Recovery is hard work!

I have been home now for 2 weeks. Every day is a little better. My back pain is down to an ache and my surgical pain is, well still there... I do depend on pain medicine daily but hope to ween soon...
I went out into the real world for lunch yesterday. Pf Changs is a favorite spot for us to go. It was a yummy lunch! I wish there were left overs:)
I need a walker to get around but I get there, slowly:) It was tiring. I do feel as though I will be getting a huge part of my life back once I am completely healed. That will be a full year to completely heal. I will never be like I was before but I might just be able to have a much better outcome due to surgery.

I have to say my family has been amazing!!!! Let me start with my little sister Jen. The day of surgery she came in and got me settled. She had worked at the hospital, so she let everyone know a VIP was coming in for back surgery..hahaha! I think she was the last person I remember seeing before I went to sleep. She brought a large fruit salad in for the staff and Drs. taking care of me.The nurses even came to visit my room to see how I was doing. She took control and made sure I was ok.! There is so much more she did, that is really just the tip of the iceburg.
My older sister came from Virginia to be with me. She was there when I went in and slept in a chair over night to make sure I was being taken care of properly. Actually both of my sisters slept in horrible chairs the 1st night. My little sister stayed the 2nd night too..
I really don't remember the 4 days after surgery. Lots of pain medicine, I think even crying might have been in there too. I did sleep,and use the little button when I had pain. Thank goodness for morphine! They were both so compassionate, and caring. I could not ask for better sisters!!!
My mom was taking care of the kids. Making sure they went to school, ate, and got lots of hugs and kisses. She continues to come everyday to help me with everything!!! She goes over and above the call of duty!
My niece Amy helped with the kids. Taking them to a family dinner at Emma's school. I will not miss any more of those:)
My kids sent cards, and called me. Just to hear their voices made me want to get better..
Of course my dear husband. He is such a blessing and a comfort to me! He keeps it all together, and never loose sight of GOD'S plan for us. He was there everyday. He even got me a new laptop for a get well/ valentines gift. God knew he was my perfect match, and 14 years later I still love him like crazy!!
The surgery went really well. The surgeons were awesome! They gave me a chance at an almost normal life:) They had a wonderful bed side manner, and actually cared. I know surgeons are not always wonderful people too. These guys were the best.!!!!
On March 6th I will be visiting the surgeon, and hematologist. I hope to be able to start pt shortly after.
Thank you for praying! I know from years of experience God is the only one who can get you safely through the hard times. I have seen it on more than a few occasions.
THANK YOU GOD!!!!
Please continue to pray for my recovery, and my daughter Skye.
beth

1 comments:

Coach Prentice said...

Hey Beth.... it was great to get caught up on all that happened with you. Gotta love a supportive, loving family! And you got to go to lunch..how great is that! Can't wait until we can get together again!

ps. LOVE the new blog template!