CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 22, 2008

I over did it....

The new me
Today was a great snow day!! I did stay in bed all day long.The kids trashed the downstairs...... Yesterday my mom took me out for lunch to Olive Garden.(my favorite!) I got this crazy burst of energy and asked her to take me to Steve and Barry's.(a great store in Deptford) She tried to talk me out of it but I told her I needed to get out!! I think stir crazy was the words I used. She was sympathetic. The store was having a great $8.89 sale. Everything in the store was $8.89, I swear!! I have lost almost 20 lbs since my surgery so I wanted to get some the new me clothes:) After the shopping, I was beat!! I immediately laid down for a nap.. I need a walker to get around so my legs need some work to be able to hold my body up. I got home and my belly was soooo sore. I felt like I was sucker punched several times. The pain followed through today, and the nurse reassured me I over did it:( I still have a lot of incision pain. I take way longer to heal since I have a bleeding disorder. My last surgery almost 6 years ago took me 4 + months to heal. It was a resection of my gall bladder. It was only suppose to take 4-6 weeks to heal. The doctor said 3-6 months this time. I am thinking 6+ months. I am really wanting to get better before I go back to work. I definitely want to keep my back healthy. I am looking forward to my friends coming for visits next week. I am not a stay at home lay about person, so this recovery has been hard on me mentally. Please pray for me! I will be staying in bed this weekend to relax! We will be enjoying the cold by staying in:) Have a great weekend!!!!!!! beth

0 comments: