CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 15, 2007

These are the days

There is no time like the present! That is why this blog is being typed at 12:37am. I felt inspired by a good friend so here we go.....
I am a wife, a mom, a friend and a barista. Sometimes not in that exact order.
My kids are 10b, 9g, and 5g. They are awesome!
My son is an 8 year cancer survivor.(YEAH)He has a rare one in a million liver cancer, hepatoblastoma.He was treated at CHOP. He did better than me..Kids always do better that the parents. they are so resilliant. He swims, plays, baseball, and soccer. He has inspired me in more ways than he will ever know. He is brave, and has a wonderful way of looking at life. I aways think of the song "I hope you dance" When I summarize Cameron. He lives life to the fullest, and has heart like no other kid I know.
Skye is my clever middle daughter. She is so sweet, and her smile makes you smile. She works hard at everything she does! She is a swimmer and a straight A student. She and Cameron are on student council, and keep very involved in school. Last winter at this time she was diagnosed with a one in two million auto immune disease called CRMO. She was home schooled for three months, had a pic line in her arm, and had a hard road to learn to walk again. By June she was determined to swim. She did it and did it well! She takes daily meds, but is a tough customer!! I guess it is in the blood:)
Then there is wee, precious Emma. My 3rd and final miracle. She is a true drama queen! I don't know where that comes from, hahah. In the fall she will start kindergarten. Then I guess I will finally be able to sit home, eat bon bons, and watch daytime tv all day, not really. She wants to sing, dance, and perform. I might give in at some point.

My husband of 14 years is kind, loving, compassionate and very patient!!(he would have to be) I on the other hand may be those things minus the patient part,hahaha. I took him from his home in Scotland and landed him in the great State if NJ.
We have a brilliant life, with several bumps in the road. They are all handled by our God! Maybe not in our time, but in the right time.
In the next month I will have a much needed back surgery. I also have a bleeding disorder. It makes for an interesting surgery..I will try to update regularly.
I am keen to keep in touch with family and friends. That is another inspiration to do this bloggin thing.
Don't be shy, and welcome to the days with the Robertsons.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your son is well! Praise the Lord!